Abridge Newsjust landed in the App Store.
The Quick Facts
- Bob Woodward, the famed investigative journalist behind much of the original news reporting on the Watergate scandal and co-author of All The President’s Men, will soon release a new book.
- Woodward’s upcoming non-fiction book is called Fear: Trump in the White House, and details the presidency and administration of Donald Trump.
- The book is set to be released on September 11th, 2018.
- According to The New York Times, the book is based on "hundreds of hours of interviews with firsthand sources, contemporaneous meeting notes, files, documents and personal diaries," and it paints a negative portrait of a dysfunctional White House.
- In August, President Trump and Woodward spoke via phone about the book. Trump reportedly told Woodward: "You know I'm very open to you. I think you've always been fair," and both men expressed sentiments that they should have had an interview before the book was written.
- Yesterday, September 4th, White House Press Secretary Sanders released a statement dismissing the book, claiming it is: "nothing more than fabricated stories, many by former disgruntled employees, told to make the president look bad."